Precast Concrete Window Sills (or “cills” as they’re sometimes referred to) are used below windows and ledges. They are an important architectural feature to any building but also provide the seating for an airtight seal with the window frame, preventing water ingress. The outward slope of the sill directs rainwater away from the frame and a drip channel on the underside prevents staining and deterioration of the outer skin of the building.
Hughes Precast Products Ltd. offer precast concrete window sills in a variety of lengths and types to suit almost every type of building. ‘Standard’ and ‘Deep’ face options are available for block work and timber frame buildings.
For special exterior finishers like stone cladding, we have a ‘Special’ sill which is deeper (front to back) to allow for the thicker section below.
45 degree and 90 degree precast concrete corner sills are also available where openings and windows continue or meet at a junction of the building. 90 degree corner sills are available in both ‘Standard’ and Deep’ options.
Key Features and Advantages of Hughes Precast Concrete Window Sills:
- Manufactured to last – high-strength (C40/50) concrete
- Sills to suit all form of construction and cladding
- Drip edge underneath to protect the building from staining
- Large stock held for quick turnaround on orders
- Manufactured in accordance with BS 5642
- Delivery available nationwide